Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Who makes these rules?

So yesterday I realized that everything around me is being or has been governed by someone else's ideas. For instance, there are (and I get) magazines that tell me how to be healthy and that I should be healthy in order to live a better life. There are classes and programs that tell you how to manage your money and savings for your own future. Society dictates that we are supposed to go to school, graduate, start careers and be productive citizens of our community. Well, what if I want to be an unhealthy, uneducated piece of crap?

I suppose my class last night telling me that I need to (or should have already) start a 401k and a Roth IRA. Then I read Cosmo and Women's Health in bed last night. I got a little overwhelmed because those magazines and my class made me feel like I was already behind and I feel like there is no way that I can do it all. I really don't know how to get it all done and do it the right way.

I guess this is the fun part of getting older. There are a million things to do and you feel like you can't do any of them. =\ Not a good feeling.

At least I got a good workout in today. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment