Thursday, July 8, 2010

Rejection Letters Make Me Feel Kinda Rejected

So I have started the big girl job process. I'm filling out applications all the time now. Trying to do at least 2 a day. Some I don't meet all the requirements, some I do. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to be in the environmental industry of some sort. Too bad i should have known that years ago and double majored in both business AND environmental science. Ugh. I'm looking into these LEED certifications though. They are done through the USGBC and I think they will help me out showing that I have SOME knowledge of what they do.

I got my first rejection letter yesterday. =[
It sucks. I mean in a way I'm glad they actually took the time to laugh in my face. Most places just ignore you. I know this is gonna be hard but I really need this to work out. I have to get Vernon out of the Air Force. We are both over it and we know that the longer he stays in, the better the chance that he has to leave us for a while. A deployment to Kuwait actually came up last week...they told them they were leaving in a WEEK and would be gone until September. Stuff like that is terrifying. Thank goodness he is my little underachiever and he is not trained on the equipment that they have over there. So sending him would be pointless. I don't want him to have to drop on a dime like that. Traveling with a regular company is different, you can call whenever, send pics, text, blah blah blah. Going overseas is horrible.

I foresee many more rejection letters in my future.
Just waiting for that one company that wants me!

No comments:

Post a Comment