Sunday, July 18, 2010

Doesn't Anyone Want Me?

So in my policy class we had to compile a list of our Distinctive Competencies. A list of things that we do better than anyone else. While this was not hard for me, seeing as I am a master of Sims, Brickbreaker on Blackberry's, painting my nails and I can pretty much drink any other girl (and some men) under the table; what was this going to do for me in the long run?

I have racked up three rejection letters now from jobs...one that I really wanted. I know I don't meet all of the qualifications when I apply but I still wish someone (or their computer system) would deem me worthy of an interview. Someone besides all of the lame insurance companies who keep emailing/calling me....thank you Monster & Careerbuilder.

I know everyone said it wouldn't be easy, but no one said it would be this hard. I also know that I have just gotten started. But I need that interview. Even if I don't get the position, I NEED that interview. I need to know that I am at least going in the right direction. I need to know that I am one step closer to getting Vernon out of the Air Force.

I know I have a lot of distinctive competencies, I just need to learn how to put them into words. What do I have to bring to the table that nobody else does?

No comments:

Post a Comment