Monday, September 20, 2010

Is it time to move yet?

I have been in such a weird mood today. I had a rough weekend and then it just rolled over into this morning. I am going to blame it on stress. Not entirely sure that that is what it is, but I'm gonna go with it. Vernon works so much now it's ridiculous. He works Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights (and leaves straight from his AF job), so he is gone from 6:30am until about 8 at night. Tuesday he is either with a client or playing in some sort of sport (football or softball) and Thursday nights he has class. Then I work Saturday nights and Sunday mornings. I love that he is doing what he loves but it's just hard adjusting.

I've been constantly looking for jobs and researching the Tampa area. We had our hearts set on Atlanta but have recently opened up to the idea of Tampa. It's the city meets the beach. Kinda sounds like paradise right? I hope so....

So I had my first phone interview with AT&T. Not the best job ever, but the pay is good and the benefits are good. The main reason I applied there is because the location I chose also needs a manager. So I plan on mentioning that I really want to work towards the manager position from the beginning.....once/if I get the face-to-face interview. I also have an interview for a government job on the 30th of this month. Obviously the pay for that is great and the benefits are amazing, but the location may not be. MacDill AFB (in Tampa) is a possibility, and if that is the case then I will hop on it. If the Tampa base isn't an option then I can apply for the two bases here (Eglin & Hurlburt). We really don't want to stay here. So there's going to be big decisions to be made. I'm still job hunting, but it's hard to find a job that isn't sales related or medical related when you don't live in the area that you are looking to go to.

It's so stressful. The only thing that keeps me motivated is looking at houses in the area. I cannot BELIEVE that we are about to buy a house. I have wanted this FOREVER. I will do anything to be able to buy one. When I go through like 5 pages of jobs that I cannot apply for, I look at houses for a little to stay motivated.

I can't wait for all of this to actually start happening. Vernon is so over the AF. Not to mention there is a 6 month deployment coming up in June of 2011. That right there is reason enough for us. All of it just isn't worth it. I can't WAIT until his last day, he is going to be so excited. I can't wait for my last day at Longhorn. I'm tired of the attitudes and the jealousy and everything else that comes with that place. I realized that that place started to change me a little. When I started working less and getting farther and farther away from there I could see it better. Ugh just thinking about that place puts me in a bad mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment